Yesterday Ethan caught three frogs in the retention pond in our neighborhood. He put them into a little plastic critter container his uncle bought for him. Ethan even caught a bee to feed to the frogs. I talked to Ethan's kindergarten teacher and we are scheduled to bring the frogs to his class next Wednesday. She says it will be a nice sign of spring. Ethan went to check on them today and returned saying, "One of the frogs vanished!" Vanished? We checked the container, there was no way for one to get out. Then I looked on-line. Sure enough, frogs can be cannibals. Apparently they control their own population this way. Interesting.
Oh my! I wasn't expecting that! I love the teacher's response, that it's a nice sign of spring. I love how totally all BOY Ethan is! Looking forward to summer playdates with you guys, too :)
ReplyDelete